The almighty post pregnancy weight loss mission! I have been able to lose 65lbs since having Mr. Cheeks and while I am not 100% happy with my new bod yet, I’m pretty fucking proud of myself! Especially since my lazy ass hasn’t really done anything workout wise.
Honestly, the #1 reason why I have gotten this far is one thing and one thing only. EATING. As most women do, I struggle with body image and had a horrible relationship with food. I can go on about my past anorexia issue blah blah blah that was the past and the same damn story we have heard numerous times – but the bottom line is that I have had to eat to lose the baby weight. I eat 5 times a day and try REALLY hard not to eat like shit. But I’m only human… and sometimes Panda Express haunts me……. Oh orange chicken you jerk…. you delicious jerk.
I still have a long way to go but here is what I have done thus far and what I did when I was pregnant to speed along the process.
1. WALK. WALK. WALK. All I did was walk when I was pregnant. Not only did it help with a quick labor and delivery, but I was able to keep active enough to not shock my body after 6 weeks postpartum.
2. Breastfeed. We all know it helps with weight loss along with all the other amazing benefits it has for your baby!
3. EAT. Your body needs fuel to do anything. Eat 3 solid good meals and snacks in between. Lay off the pop, sweets, junk food, etc. And make veggies your best friend.
4. Exercise as much as you can. Take a walk with the baby or get a sitter to take a walk by yourself. Do yoga, HIIT workouts (there are sooo many online home workouts you can get off of YouTube). ANYTHING is better then nothing!
I have just started running now that I have a slight schedule. Working out has been my struggle the last couple of months. ITS TIME TO GET TO BUSINESS! I’m making a commitment to myself to work out 3 days a week min.
5. Remember it takes time. Seriously… it took us 9 months to gain the weight, its going to take just as long to go back to normal.
******* One major suggestion I have that I did and it helped SOOOOO much with bringing my uterus down and tightening the brain belly was the belly binder! Bind your belly! Trust me! I used the Squeem Belly Binder *********
Below are my progression pictures from 40 Weeks pregnant the 1- 5 Months Postpartum. Remember to believe in yourself and keep as motivated and dedicated as possible! Figuring out your changing schedule is hard, but we can do it!!!