With us just starting the whole potty training thang.. We decided to make a “practice” board where we reward cheekies (with stickers.. His fav) when he practiced being by the potty….. Or sitting… Whatever! We didn’t want for it to juuuust to be a potty training thing (at the time we started this… He had JUST shown interest).. So we put a few different things on there.
These are our “practice clouds”:
Cheeks loves helping me clean (we got him the cutest mini broom) and putting things in the trash… He’s also obsessed with helping B in the yard so we added a cleaning cloud…..
We are working really hard with “please” and “Thank you” so we added a manners cloud.. The way he says thank you is quite…. Well.. Let’s just say it’s a work in progress.
Counting is obvious… He really likes the number 2…. That’s all he counts right now lol… The only time I can get him to count anything really is when we pretend wrestle and he pretend pins either B or myself ha!
Big boy words is really any time he learns or attempts a new word OR is able to express himself with words when he is upset. We are encouraging him to say what he wants rather than point and cry… Or if he is upset we want him to tell us why..
Singing and dancing just makes for a fun time if we are having a mood… We like to sing wheels on the bus a lot 🙂
What do you do to motivate their learning process?
Hello!!!!! Yes, it has been way too long since my last blog post! We… (I).. have been extremely busy.
As most of you know, I travel a lot for my career, and the last couple of months I have been to 4 countries and one major city. Its been extremely hectic, but I am now slowing down a bit.
Here’s an update!
- Cheeks has surpassed every expectation I had for his development.. After starting his daycare/preschool, I have noticed an excessive amount of growth in him! He is saying SENTENCES????!!! WHHAAA?? He is learning so much just being around other kids.. and I’m so excited we made the decision to put him into the school rather than keep him home with me.
- We are no longer afraid of the bath.. in fact I cannot get him out of it!!! I will be writing a post about how we overcame the fear..
- We are starting to potty train.. oi vey! I wasn’t expecting to do this until he turned 3..but here we are.. full force.. well.. the beginning stages anyways.. its about to get real. I’ll do a post about the signs he was showing when we knew it was time.
- B and I are getting married on the 5th!!!! After 8 years… its about time! We are both extremely excited! Would you be interested in a post about why we waited so long?? leave a comment if you do.
- I got a KS tattoo on my finger.. it has been really awesome to share and bring awareness with strangers and friends 😀 Its a conversation starter and its amazing!! Especially when I am overseas and get to start conversations all over the world.
- Finally — we are going to Disneyland for our “family moon”after we get married.. and i will DEFINITELY be doing a post about that as well!
I’m so blessed and excited to come back to my blog and see that people are still reading, still sharing, and still following me after a long period of SILENCE.. I promise you this is the last of the silence!!